Dr. Susan Nugent
The relief and awakening experienced when you emerge from a time of illness, uncertainty and/or prolonged discomfort is literally life-changing. Dr Susan Nugent has committed herself to partnering with patients to achieve the freedom of mind and body that comes from recovery and rejuvenation.
Having progressed from practising conventional medicine in hospitals and as a general practitioner, it became increasingly obvious that integrative medicine was a key to better health. All the while as a busy, working mother of three, the challenges involved in maintaining energy levels and care for oneself remained ever-present. Curious and proactive, Susan decided to explore a broader spectrum of care, discovering the value of nutrition, yoga, mindfulness, Chinese medicine, herbal medicine, various forms of physical therapy and more.
Now, fully committed to promoting continuity of care and fostering therapeutic relationships, Dr Susan Nugent can be found frequenting seminars and conferences, working to build on existing methods and continue the story of best practice.
Dr Susan Nugent graduated from the University of Adelaide in 1992 with MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) and was admitted into the Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP) in 1998. Over the past 20 years, further study has been undertaken including courses through the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM). She is also a member of the Australasian Integrative Medicine association (AIMA).
Conditions managed include -
- hormonal issues eg. menopause, pre-menstrual syndrome, thyroid, adrenal, polycystic ovarian syndrome, andropause (including the use of bio-identical hormones)
- nutritional deficiencies, food intolerances, chronic allergy, eczema, asthma, immune dysfunction
- preventative care of vascular conditions eg. high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, stroke
- routine medical care eg. pap smears, pregnancy preparation, recurrent infections, weight loss, injury, cancer screening and prevention
- chronic conditions eg. fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, arthritis, migraine (and several others)
- stress management, anxiety, insomnia and depression