The Use of Health Information Collected
As a patient of our practice, we require you to provide us with your personal details and a medical history, so that we may properly assess, diagnose, treat and be proactive in your health care needs. Your personal information is used in the following ways:
- Administrative purposes: Billing purposes, including compliance with Medicare and Health Insurance Commission requirements.
- Disclosure to others involved in your healthcare: This may occur though referral to specialists or for medical tests and through the reports or results returned to us following referrals.
- Research and quality assurance activities to improve individual and community health care and practice management. In this situation, only information that does not identify you is provided.
- To comply with legislative or regulatory requirements, such as notifiable diseases.
- For reminders and recalls which may be sent to you regarding your health care and management.
We always adhere to the strict Privacy Legislation laws which protect the privacy of your health information. You can choose to decline having your health information used in all or some of the ways outlined above, but if you do decline it may influence our ability to manage your health care appropriately and to provide the best outcome for you. If you have any particular concerns regarding the use of your information, please discuss these concerns with your practitioner.
If you are interested in 'natural' or 'bio-identical' hormone therapy, please visit the Natural Progesterone Advisory Network. There are two well referenced review articles for the use of Bio-identical hormone replacement the first being from Deborah Moskowitz, ND "Alternative Medicine Review" (2006) and the second from Kent Holtorf, MD "Post Graduate Medicine" (2009).
For further information about the training and approach of doctors using Nutritional and Integrative Medicine you can visit the following websites: Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine, Australasian Integrative Medicine Association